• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I Bless the Rains Down in Africa

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Anything (civilian or military) within Africa's boundaries...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKaXt1PYKXk

You can make the boat from the movie...
7882_front.jpg

Safari Rally race car
5165660322_49100cbc56_o.jpg

Ivory Coast UAZ-469 captured by French troops
hea3ed33_2016-07-16.jpg

Ivory Coast MiG-23ML
h4fd0e1e.jpg

Ivory Coast Su-25
h06eaaa7.jpg

French T-6 Tomcat in Algeria
h072055d_2016-07-16.jpg

Another Tomcat scheme
h7376a58_2016-07-16.jpg

Portuguese Tomcat
hdea2788_2016-07-16.jpg

Eritrean Su-27
ERITREA%2BSU-27%2B608.jpg

Ethiopian Su-27
Ethiopian+SU-27.jpg

Ivory Coast National Gendarmerie BMP-1P with mercenaries
h5c33dfb.jpg

Ivory Coast truck
ha322037_2016-07-16.jpg

South African Olifant in Angola
BkeJysl.jpg

Angolan MiG-23MF
tumblr_inline_nx1ts1PpQi1t90ue7_1280.jpg

and so much more!

Regards,

I bless the rains down in Africa

Thanks for the pics Saul. Any idea why the BMP is black? I seems to me it would be an oven in there.
James

I bless the rains down in Africa

Thanks for the pics Saul. Any idea why the BMP is black? I seems to me it would be an oven in there.

National Police (Gendarmerie) with mercenaries within...

I only thought of it since 'Nam is Asia, most World War subjects are Asia and Europe... plus I have been looking at my pile which includes:

Congolese Type 62 (Chinese Light Tank)
attachment.jpg

Spanish M48A1 in the Sahara
h63ecc44.jpg

and so on...

Regards,

Found this Photo the other day .

hec80291.jpg

23 Jan 1963, Kolwesi, Democratic Republic of Congo --- 1/23/1963-Kolwezi, Katanga- A tough-looking blonde female mercenary stands in a group of camouflaged Katagna mercenaries gathered on the road from Kolwezi Jan. 20 after retreating from advancing United Nations troops

I wonder who she was

Does the build imply the model served in Africa or belonged specifically to an African unit? Just want to specify as you have me intrigued ;)

Does the build imply the model served in Africa or belonged specifically to an African unit?

Note the Spanish, Portuguese, and French T-6 Tomcats? Any subject that served, or did their thing, in Africa.

Zulu warrior for figure painters
shakab.jpg

Regards,

Ah excellent- sorry but I wouldn't know who's markings were who's from the pics-- especially the modern stuff which I'm just starting to delve into- but I am definitely interested....

sorry but I wouldn't know who's markings were who's from the pics-- especially the modern stuff which I'm just starting to delve into-

Valid point, I've added captions and will continue to do so.
:good:

Ivory Coast Mi-25
h67087d9.jpg

Some South African Mirages
he532c15.jpg

hf301c8d.jpg

h04eaa4f.jpg

There are plenty more subjects... these have simply been on my mind. I wonder why?

Regards,

Ah excellent- sorry but I wouldn't know who's markings were who's from the pics-- especially the modern stuff which I'm just starting to delve into- but I am definitely interested....
Basicly 80% of africa was either having civil wars or fighting against Colonial powers such as Portugal, England and France (espeialy in Northern Africa) You also have all the middle east wars that Egypt was involved in and the strikes that Israel did in 1967 in Egypt and the invasion of Egypt in 1976 by Israel. The US airstrikes Libia and the coalition strikes a few years back during the arab spring.

Then there was the cold war progy wars US and USSR allies faught such as Angola and Mosambique.

Then one that always gets forgotten the independence wars of Rhodesia (Zimbabwe)
The most incredible airstrike ever in Africa happened during this war when one airplane grounded an entire nations airforce

The story of Green Leader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzJfy5z5gj4

Some of the lesser known Rhodesian arms are shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZFOWdM-Noo

Regards,

The US airstrikes Libia and the coalition strikes a few years back during the arab spring.

Sweet - I have a CF-188 from Operation Mobile sitting in my stash that I have been looking at lately! This would be the perfect opportunity!

Back