• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Well provisioned! Lil chuk builds some targets

chukw

You folks are a bad influence on a good wingie-thinger! Here's my entry yo our happy little activity- the scene will be a few enterprising scavengers pausing from their labors with a glass of wine and a game of chess. Cheers!
Well_001.jpg

Here's the mandatory time stamp piccy. I do solemnly swear that no work has begun before this date! I can also swear that no work may occur for an unknown span of time- oi! ;)
Well_002.jpg

Well_003.jpg

Here are our scroungers...
Well_004.jpg

Well_005.jpg

..and the fruits of their labors. Great little sets, these Black Dog kits!
Well_007.jpg

I would not be happy without copius PE.
Well_008.jpg

Mike's kits are unparalleled in their sense of humanity.

Well, now all I need is some time to get down to buildin'! I'll be concentrating on my Me410 for a bit more, but will sneak some 1/35 time in as I can. Stay tuned, Dear Reader!

What's next, cats and dogs running together?

This looks fun Chuck, can't wait to see your talents bring all that gear to life.

I'm with them... it'll be good to see what you do with all these goodies. I am in no rush to see you finish the 410 mind you...but nonetheless-- woo hoo!! Your Kubel will be a sight to see...I went strictly OOB since I am allergic to large amounts of PE...but I look forward to seeing you and your crew at work!

i know that whatever you start, it is an epic journey but you again made it to completely baffle me! this will be soooo thrilling to follow ...

Hmmmmm Chuck , I was thinking , I am not sure the detail set you have from Black Dog will fit the Lion Roar Zundapp ? :idonno I think it is meant for the Master box BMW kit , do some test fitting first .

Jenny :kiss:

Oof! There was no kit indication from the good folks at Black- on the actual kit or their site. A quick look says the dimensions are the same- I might have to weasel around with the depth of the axel mountings, but that should be do-able. Was the sidecar a standard design for any model bike? I can imagine the fitting would be specific per bike, but I have no idea about the sidecar itself. Can anyone help a poor feller out?

Cheers, and thanks for the heads-up, Jenny!
chuk

Hey!.....you've got a Zundapp like mine!:cheer:

I like the accessories you're planning to put in, especially the Kubelwagen accessories. The chess set is incredible!

Look forward to start seeing progress!

Regards
Noel

Man that's a lot of PE for that little thing..thing...heard that term before...

Nice start Chuck!

Nice one, Chuk! Looking forward to following you progress on the Kubelwagen (I've got the Tamiya kit w/Voyager PE waiting in the wings for a rainy day :) )

great start chuk!

aber is by far the most detailed but also the most complicated pe in my eyes - that's the reason why i avoid aber wherever i can! the more i have to marvel at your courage and masterly skills!

Some great work on the Kubel chuk! You are right about the pedals...they definitely look much better with the PE accouttrements. I am nearly done with mine and had little troubles overall...not bad for a flyboy I guess ;).

Cowabunga Uncle Chuck , ........ great start !!!

By the way , ...... where do you get your Black Dog stuff from ?

I can't seem to find them from a reputable dealer here in the U.S. , as a matter of fact I can't find them from a disreputable one either :laugh: ..... can you hook a brother up ?

Many thanks, Mighty Allies- and cheers!

Cheyenne, I got my sets from Wannamaker Guns & Hobbies Kits and shootin' irons, I'm guessin'. Good service!

Here's some more, squeezed into the burgeoning holiday season. Ho!, Ho! Ho!

Well_022.jpg

Well_023.jpg

Well_024.jpg

Well_025.jpg

Well_026.jpg

Well_027.jpg

Well_028.jpg

Well_029.jpg

Battle Damage fer sur! I know how that smarts, a little Crown Royal takes the sting right out.

That Amber steering linkage, sounds like a great excuses to use Scale Hardware's threaded nuts and bolts. Now if we can just find a 1:35 scale alignment shop we can get that thing tracking true.

Neat trick with the suspension, a detail often overlooked. Great stuff here!!!

great stuff chuk! the modified rear shocks look the deal!

but next time you want to use sprue as rivet, better use an incense stick instead of the soldering iron to melt the ends! will easen your life tremendously!

Back