• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gun Truck

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
h282ab94.jpg

:soldier

Coming out of the box on this. Might get some aftermarket wheels if anyone has a source. :coolio

Awesome Bob. RB and Aber and probably more make some nice 50 cal barrels and RB also has some soft plastic gun belts. Looking forward to seeing this come together.

Thanks James, I got barrels from the M16 halftrack a while back, never built it. Might even have some PE for the gun mount. Don't know if they have the flash suppressors.

Don't know if they have the flash suppressors.

I don't know of any 50 Cal barrels with the flash hiders although PONTOS was supposed to release a set. AFV Club has a machine gun set with two barrels you can use.

Nancy, and most Quad gun trucks, still had the mount from M-55 trailer with the wheels removed and jacks deployed.
m55-quad-50-cal-machine-gun-mount.jpg

Quad50truck_2.247163931_large.jpg

hcb6fb16.jpg

haa9b683.jpg

h20e949a.jpg

h4d3f3d1.jpg

ha64625c_2017-07-23.jpg

h963bfdb.jpg

h0d197fe.jpg

Regards and have fun,

h282ab94.jpg

:soldier

Coming out of the box on this. Might get some aftermarket wheels if anyone has a source. :coolio

Looking forward to this build. DEF Models has aftermarket wheels. I got mine from Spruce Brothers.

I am glad Saul mentioned the M55 trailer having the wheels displaced and the whole system being placed in the bed of the truck. I was disappointed that AFV Club did not include the trailer. While at the Warrior Transition Unit at Fort Sill, OK I participated in an internship program at the Air Defense Artillery Museum. My first project was a life size display at Snow Hall of the bed of a quad .50 that we made out of plywood and other materials since we couldn't get a whole 2 1/2 truck into the room the display is located in. At the actual museum we have one on display complete with some manequins.

Cheers,
James

Thanks guys, If AFV didn't include the axle I doubt I will try to fabricate it. Don't know why Dragon doesn't keep that guy carriage in production, seems like a hot seller.

BTW, did that red dirt (y)

So I find this,
http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/defdw30007.htm
for $25 but it's labeled for for AFV kits.

I find this,

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/defdk35001.htm
for $45 that is for AFV.

Do I get a mess of other stuff that may not be used to get the right wheels or take a chance?

I wouldn't know the difference so I'd say save yerself some bucks for more important stuff, nothing a bit of muck and grime won't hide

:popcorn
:drinks

First thing i'm learning, AFV instructions suck. Order of parts being installed sucks. Rear axle assembly is tricky but I think i'll have them installed tmorrow. :soldier

Back