• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CHARLIE DON'T SURF 3 COMPLETION THREAD

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Put you finished model here.

Here's mine.....

DSC06416~1.JPG

Kit - Trumpeter 1:48
Paint - Alclad lacquers, AK Xtreme Metals, Xtracolour & Humbrol enamels.
Decals - SuperScale & MicroScale
Extras - Hasegawa 750lb bombs, Quickboost resin seat, Eduard pre-painted etch.

NA F-100D Super Sabre
'Pahodee Tiger'
308th TFW, 31st TFW
Bien Hoa AB
Mid 1965

h4f4df37.jpg

ha7d3c6d_2017-05-18.jpg

ha42ffd6.jpg

h89f34ab.jpg

he3db36c.jpg

he374dc4.jpg

h13e2d57.jpg

hbae967f.jpg

Ian.

"Frag Out!" figure vignette is now completed.

Army ribbon...check.

100_5676.JPG

100_5677.JPG

Back to work on more projects for this campaign.

Cheers,
James

Ok so here is my in-flight A-7 Corsair!

Not too bad, I got her on the stand today. I think I might go back and adjust the stand so she sits a bit farther nose down, polish the brass rod and clean up the base a tad, but I am otherwise calling this ’un complete! This 1970’s vintage kit built up nice, and the Hasegawa Weapons kit worked very well, as she is packing two hard-points with the Mk.82 Snake-eye high drag bombs and two hard-points each containing one of the massive silver napalm canisters, ready to pound down any potential bad guys trying to reach a downed pilot! The final addition of two hard-points each with Spare Fuels Cells would give her maximum dwell time over a given area as our would-be pilot is extracted.

As another person said of this early kit, it was pretty weak, and was at times a real struggle, but it was great practice kit. I still need to do a better job with panel washes and streaking. there is really no streaking on this kit. I think next time I will pay the extra Shekels & Rubles for a kit that is a bit more modern, but I will add that the Printscale decals, although a bit challenging for my skill level, were very pretty and a pleasure to work with, and I would not hesitate to buy them again.

So thanks far looking!

"Corpsman Up!" Hue City Vignette completed for the USMC ribbon.

100_5945.JPG

It is a good thing I decided to put this vignette together. It ended up winning 1st Place in the Diorama category at Soonercon 2017 as well as winning the award for this year's show theme which was 'Vietnam".

There were so many excellent models that were of Vietnam subjects at the show. I was very impressed and inspired as the show was not the largest that I have been to, but the quality of the models on display were of quite high caliber. I feel honored to have one of my works chosen as for the Vietnam award.

Cheers,
James

US Airman in Vietnam completed.

Air Force Ribbon...check.

And it won 2d Place in the Historical Figure Category at Soonercon 2017.

100_5978.JPG

Cheers,
James

How many of these ribbons you need now James? I've lost count which ones.

Congrats on the win! Super! (y)

Thanks.

In regards to the ribbons, the Army, Marine, and USAF ribbons for sure. Would the Viet Cong vignette qualify for the North ribbon since the VC were essentially working towards the same goals as the North Vietnamese?

The others that I will be working towards are the Navy, Australia, and South ribbons.

Cheers,
James

Navy Seabee, Dong Tam, RVN 1967 is complete for the Navy ribbon.

It was a pretty fun project and displays nicely.

100_6207.JPG

100_6206.JPG

On to the next project!

Cheers,
James

Such great work guys!

Here is mine. Not so good as all you have shown here but my contribution.

F-104C "70925" from 435th TFS at Udorn (Royal Thai AB) in 1965.

Academy 1/72 with PE from Eduard, Acrylics Vallejo and Weathering Ammo of Mig.
Figures CMK Resin, Base is stratch built.

Cheers

Alex

P.S. Which ribbon do I get?

h997b0ad_2017-08-03.JPG

h3f34dc7_2017-08-03.JPG

h5c024ab_2017-08-03.JPG

h66f4af6_2017-08-03.JPG

h0b1d218_2017-08-03.JPG

Back