• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-100D - Done

ij001

I'm in (no surprise, right ??)

This kit..

hc600d59_2017-04-10.JPG

...with these decals

h0b8fc65.jpg

...for this machine

h25b3ca1_2017-04-10.jpg

I'll make a start after the Firefly build, and may even do a second (AFV) build for this campaign, I do have something in mind but will follow-that-up after I've done a wee bit of research.

AFN

Ian.

F-100D

...actually, Tom, they were sprayed aluminium lacquer which is why I'm doing it, the rear section under the fin was all natural metal in various 'scorched' and discoloured tones otherwise just a dull overall aluminium. I've done this before about four years back in 1:72...

hcb51dfd_2017-04-10.jpg

h771d8e4.jpg

Hopefully I can get a similar result again.

Ian.

F-100D

What armor are you thinking of doing?

Gonna keep my 'poker face' on that for the moment, Mike... not being a diva, just don't want to commit to a campaign build and not be able to follow-it-through... done that far too often.
:drinks

Ian.

F-100D

That's one great looking bird. A pair of Huns would buzz our base at Cu Chi often. They were flying out of Ton San Nhut, I think. And I remember as a kid seeing the Thunderbirds flying them. Gary S.

F-100D

...and away we go:

h15fbe3a.jpg

h82e087e.jpg

Extras, as you can see are an Eduard Zoom set and Quickboost seat to dress-up the roomy cockpit and a Master pitot as a back-up to the kit one in case I snap it at some point... which let's be honest is almost inevitable.

Stay tuned starting very soon, and please feel free to chime-in during the build with any questions or comments.

AFN

Ian.

F-100D

:popcorn

Also interested in your possible AFV build for this campaign since I am more of a ground war kind of guy. :)

Cheers,
James

F-100D

Understand, James however if it happens, then it won't be for few months, I have this project plus another (AFV) build happening just now, and there's a 1:48 WWII build I'm hoping to do before the weather here gets too cold to do spend extended sessions out in the 'cave'.

Ian.

F-100D

Found this photo whilst Googling yesterday - Aircraft from the same unit and coincidentally parked alongside an F-5 !!

ha1c4ebc.jpg

Ian.

F-100D

Eduard is your friend....

h08ad587.jpg

h5f33674.jpg

More later in the week depending on 'real life' whatever that is !! :idonno

Ian.

Back