• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ICCS MUTT (M151A1 Truck, Utility, 1/4 Ton, 4x4)

RichB

With progress on the Canberra slowed down while waiting for the turtles to arrive with some detail sets, I'll see how far I can get with this little guy.

Start~6.JPG

Instead of the standard US Army or Marine version, I am going outside the box, and doing it as an International Commission of Control and Supervision (ICCS) vehicle of the Canadian delegation.

VNC73-362.jpg

vnc73-423.jpg

The ICCS was formed in Jan 1973 following the signing of the Paris Peace Accords, replacing the ICC that had been in place since the end of the Indochina war in 1954. Canada was the Western Bloc representative on the ICC from its stand-up until its dissolution in 1973 and the ISSC from Jan to Jul 1973, leaving shortly after the US withdrawal. The ICCS was formally shut-down in Apr 1975.

The ICCS was established to supervise troop withdrawals, prisoner exchanges, monitor shipments of military equipment and report on the implementation, disagreements and violations of the Peace Accords. There were 240 Canadian Forces members and 50 diplomats deployed to Vietnam. One officer was killed (along with 8 others on board) when an ICCS helicopter was shot down and 2 officers were held captive by the Viet Cong for 17 days.

Cheers,
Rich

After a couple of evenings, we have something that is starting to look like a MUTT. ICCS vehicles were obtained from US Army stock in Vietnam so the few detail differences of the Army version have been followed as noted in the kit instructions. The pioneer tools either weren't supplied or they were "liberated" as I haven't seen them in place in any pics that I have. The hood, wheels and seats are just pressed in place.

MUTT_1.JPG

MUTT_2.JPG

MUTT_3.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Shook it out of the box and it fell together? :laugh:

Watching this. I'm a bit of a sucker for old flat fender jeeps, as my dad had a '47 Willy's CJ2A while I was growing up. :drinks

Got the basic paint scheme on the MUTT, OD interior, black exterior and white rims. The hood needs the white, yellow and black ID scheme applied and the tilt hasn't been painted yet.

Paint_1~1.JPG

Paint_2~1.JPG

Paint_3~1.JPG

Paint_4~1.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Back