• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TAILHOOK CAMPAIGN(5 ON BOARD)

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
How about a campaign for carrier borne aircraft. Any country any time period. I have a Bearcat that needs building.

Terry :pilot

Re: TAILHOOK CAMPAIGN

Got plenty of possible options in the stash...count me in!

shall we make it a bit more complicated and demand a carrier deck for the entries to be placed on?

I'm ready to put this campaign on the catapult.

:pilot

so how many players do we have?

I got another Tamiya 1:48 Zero I can do.

Here are some possible pictures for the campaign thread. Need some more people on deck.

B)

F18-SuperHornet-Landing.jpg

F6F-3_fighters_landing_on_USS_Enter.jpg

How about a campaign for carrier borne aircraft. Any country any time period.

Most of my Carrier Borne aircraft (designed for carriers) are land based (like Salvadoran and Honduran Corsairs). Then there are those not designed for Carriers which were used on them to take off, like P-47D:

P-47D42-75302318FG78FSManilaBay5.jpg

P-47D42-75302318FG78FSManilaBay6.jpg

and others...

So, must the aircraft be designed and used on carriers, designed for carriers, or simply used on carriers?

Regards,

Bet ya ain't got a picture of a Jug landing on a Carrier...

Searching some other info I saw several pictures of Mustangs being off loaded carriers via cranes. But they launched Jugs, why? Could they not launch Mustangs off the cats?

Terry's call on this campaign, his call.

I know, but that's not a thud! :P

And it didn't have an arrestor hook...Wonder how fast the Forrestal was running during these test.

Ok guys funny stuff, but the model needs to be for carrier operations. Just because you can push off the deck don't make it a carrier plane. No Doolittle raiders either. The only way a B-25 can land on a carrier is by crane.

Saul I probably have extra carrier plane laying around you could trade for.

:v

Back