• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Campaign concept

Old Dog

Just throwing this out as I have been trying to come up with something that would provide a modeling experience for the maximum number of members. It hasn't been easy but this is what I have so far...

The Conflict/Battle/Operation Campaign

The participant would chose a conflict (Korean War), Battle (Battle of Britain, Battle of the Atlantic, etc) or operation (Overlord, Torch, Desert Storm, etc) and then build something from that. It could be a figure, vignette, structure, weapon, vehicle, aircraft, train, ship etc. as long as it can be tied to the specific area you chose. If you chose Battle of Britain and build a Bf 110 it would need to be the correct variant and marked as it would have been during the battle.

The time frame would be recorded history, if you want to build a catapult from a medieval siege, battle of Yorktown during the Revolutionary War, battle of Shiloh during the Civil War, clear up through modern times. The proof would be on the builder if what they chose is not well known. Who knows we all might learn a little history along the way

Granted a ribbon for this one might be problematic but that is a minor problem.

About that only way I know to make it much broader in scope would be to have a "build whatever to hell you want" campaign.

About that only way I know to make it much broader in scope would be to have a "build whatever to hell you want" campaign.

that'll be the inaugural campaign when I get the server moved and updated. I'm reading up on what i need to do now. I got two more trips planned right now, DC/Baltimore next week and Tulsa the week of the 22nd. After that I should be a home body and my major project should be wrapped up.

Sounds great to me...I just enjoy building with others. Maybe we could come up with just a ribbon that symbolizes combat or war in any shape or work....maybe like a stone axe to missile concept?

Back