• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A couple ideas to throw around

sharkman

Master at Arms
1. Fatally Flawed!

I liked this idea from a joke on here about a year ago now.

Take a kit with a known fatal flaw (inaccurate detailing, parts that don't fit, parts that are lost or broken) and build it as best you can!

2. It came from the spares box!

Build a subject using only parts from the spares box or left overs and parts from another kit that you won't be using. If you have an old aircraft fuselage laying around or half a tank you cut up for a diorama, do something with it!

Build a subject using only parts from the spares box or left overs and parts from another kit that you won't be using. If you have an old aircraft fuselage laying around or half a tank you cut up for a diorama, do something with it!

I already have this in progress for over six years...

Click photo to visit... it is not so easy. ;)

Regards,

Do sprues count?

Sure! Sprue, Evergreen Styrene, what ever you could add to each. For the first idea I was thinking straight out of the box or making a few mods to make it look good. Wouldn't necessarily have to correct the flaw (say if it was a hatch cover in the wrong place or like the Hobbycraft Do 17Z "banana" fuselage)

for the second, anything goes as long as it is not a new kit and some of it is sourced from the spares box. Resurrect a failed project, come up with something entirely new and out there!

I already have this in progress for over six years...

Click photo to visit... it is not so easy. ;)

Regards,

Cool Saul! i would say that would be a good contender!

This is an interesting concept!

An entire list of 90'2 DML & Earlier Tamiya & ESCI Armor kits just jumped to mind.

Might be neat if we included scratchbuiling in it's whole or to correct a kit, that would also be of interest.

This is an interesting concept!

An entire list of 90'2 DML & Earlier Tamiya & ESCI Armor kits just jumped to mind.

Might be neat if we included scratchbuiling in it's whole or to correct a kit, that would also be of interest.

I was picturing building the kit as is with the flaw but f people wanted to scratch build and correct that would be fine!

Back