• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Campaign 2017

I seem to recall discussions over the past year that we were going to be more selective and have fewer campaigns running at one time. This was in conjunction with going with new forum software and since that is not going to happen does that change our philosophy on campaigns ?

Work load is huge right now Gary so site migration is in back burner. Might as well fire up some of the popular topics and git'er done. :soldier

From what I can see Nam got 16
Going Downtown got 10
"I can do it better now" got 11
Just "Plane big" has 9 so thats damn close also
YGBSM has 7 but I think the idea was to combine it with I hate wingy things so that should propably be enough votes also?
And there is the Midway one to start in June I think

Sounds about right, thanks for collating it all, Dave.

Before we go ahead and broadcast, can I respectfully suggest we look at some of the more 'inclusive' campaigns -
like 'Commonwealth' & 'Nam' ahead of the armour only and aircraft only campaigns just to get more folks involved, you all know I'm the (probably) biggest advocate of Campaigns around here and am always looking to get as many folks as possible involved.
:geek .

Slight deviation - I haven't checked the number of participants but did it feel like there wasn't the level of support for this years' MMM ??. :hmmm No matter happy to keep-on with Gary as Campaign co-ordinator, but given my South African friends obvious enthusiasm, can I suggest that he be seconded to the Campaign team with us ??, assuming that's OK with Gary and you're happy with that, Bob.

Ian.

Let's remember that we want to do less campaigns so a barrage of 4+ just ain't gonna happen.

Lots of interest in Vietnam era builds. I mean, YGBSM going Downtown in Nam...(I've always avoided using the term "Nam", had a USAF Vietnam kinda eyeball me in the shop once. Never did really know what that was about).

Vietnam Campaign for 2017?

I have no problem adding an additional campaign coordinator. I actually thought that MMM did well this year, it certainly was the busiest spot in the forum the past couple of weeks. I did not participate this year and will not be joining any other campaigns this year as a break to get caught up with in progress builds from campaigns of the past and to build some things that don't fit in on going campaigns. I will never the less be keeping an eye on all of them.

Like Gary, I'm going to try and clear some of the backlog out. I am going to do on for the inagural campaign when that goes.

I thought MMM was good as well. Maybe not as many people starting as previous years but lots of good participation.

I'm in agreement with all the others-- MMM ended up having quite a finish! Looking forward to what you all decide on next and I am getting antsy to get started on my Buffalo for Midway in June!

:facepalm

Charlie Don't Surf...what is it, 3?

Anything related to South East Asia conflict in and around Vietnam, what was it, 45-75?

:facepalm

Charlie Don't Surf...what is it, 3?

Anything related to South East Asia conflict in and around Vietnam, what was it, 45-75?

Started in '46, with some rioting /fighting going on around the port of Haiphong.

I think it would ne neat to run two campigns either together or back to back, one with aircraft (Going Downtown) and one for armor/vehicles (NAM). I actually have kits for each, just waiting to get da' word

FWIW I JUSt voted fr the YSBSM or what-ev' and would be really intersted in the Commonwealth one too. I have been looking for a reason to build a Hessian covered Cormwell, and either a flak-puker or a flak-smacker sounds interesting as well.

Charlie Don't Surf is all inclusive. Covers all that stuff from Going Downtown, YGBSM, "Nam". Run it for a year starting now. I'll have the forum setup this morning.

I really love the subjects of the Vietnam war and thought I would make multiple ribbons to try and get more peple to make multiple builds so I thought

For a first finish

h2ddf6b5.png

The thereafter the guys can go and try get a second one in one of these catogories

h34f2982.png

h2ddf6b5.png

hc678bd1.png

ha4494f6.png

h9f0f38a.png

ha345d93.png

h00a03d2.png

h866fc1c.png

h709b68a.png

ha633b37.png

I hope that will inspire some more finishes

You been busy! thanks Dave (y)
:yipee I rerally like the vehicles of the vietnam war and would love to see as many as possible of them done One almost never sees any of the Australian or New Zealand stuff done I almost wish I had some models for them :coolio

Back