• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aircraft.....ATTACK!!!!!!!

iambrb

Ok so here is my proposal, Any Attack Aircraft, any era, any scale, Jet or Prop, one engine or more, (No egg-beaters/helio-copters, as Grand-Pa called ‘em), as long as they are configured for the attack. Can be in flight or on ground, OOB or with goodies, as you prefer/desire. With a field this large, I think there is room to say only one of each subject, unless they are markedly different in some shape/form/fashion. Examples would include:

Mosquito, He 219, ‘Gun-Nose’ versions of the B-25/B-26 & the like,, Typhoon, Skyraider, Buccanear (For our UK cousins), Intruder, F-111, F-15 Strike Eagle, A-10, SU-24, SU-35, Argentine Pucara (if you can find one to build). I would even include ‘Specialty’ versions of various aircraft, like the aforementioned gun-nose bombers or the tank-buster versions of the STUKA or Hawker Hurricane. Could also include various fighters converted to ground attack if so equipped US Naval AC during Nam's operation Linebacker/1972, for example). This was all I could brain-storm, I am sure there are many-many others.

This would not start until into next year, I would think like February or so, as the dance-card is looking pretty full as-is. Sound interesting?

No helos???
Boooooo! Hisssss!
:angry: :vmad :stinker
:bat

Tim

Sorry dude. Think we have a helo one going right now

Actually we don't have a helo campaign going on now.

While it may limit options with a chopper campaign, it sure would add a lot more options to this. After all, what says "Attack" more than looking down the barrel of a AH-64 or a Mi24.

So I'm a little confused on the parameters of this one. Is it basically any aircraft used in an air to ground role regardless of the original design intention as long as it's not a bomber or a helicopter?

No helos???
Boooooo! Hisssss!
:angry: :vmad :stinker
:bat

Tim

Sorry dude. Think we have a helo one going right now

Actually we don't have a helo campaign going on now.

While it may limit options with a chopper campaign, it sure would add a lot more options to this. After all, what says "Attack" more than looking down the barrel of a AH-64 or a Mi24.

Actually, you are right about that. I would relent on that one if it meant that much to everyone. I wouldn't want to get hit by a flying Hawk-wrench

So I'm a little confused on the parameters of this one. Is it basically any aircraft used in an air to ground role regardless of the original design intention as long as it's not a bomber or a helicopter?

YUP...Aircraft configured for the attack. that is what it is. F-4 Phantom is a good example. Though a fighter, in 'Nam and elsewhere they were used for attack as well. Another would be the F-104. In German guise, it was used for Maritime strike. A great one would be a P-38. though used as a fighter (duh) they were used in attack roles as well, and did a very good job as such, see what I mean?

We have a whaopping two votes. Show the love - C'mon' gang!

Tell ya what, think we got a lot of campaigns on the schedule right now. Let's hold the though on any new ones just now and concentrate on building for what we have.

I'd definitely be down for this one in the future...

1:72 Hasa A-6E (VA-95 Operation Praying Mantis)

or

1:48 KH Jaguar A (new shiney courtesy of SprueBros Deal of the Day)

Probably got some others...I really need to consolidate all the kits to one area so I can keep an inventory of what I have. I think I've got a 1:72 Hasa F-16 kicking around somewhere too. :huh:

I'd definitely be down for this one in the future...

1:72 Hasa A-6E (VA-95 Operation Praying Mantis)

or

1:48 KH Jaguar A (new shiney courtesy of SprueBros Deal of the Day)

Probably got some others...I really need to consolidate all the kits to one area so I can keep an inventory of what I have. I think I've got a 1:72 Hasa F-16 kicking around somewhere too. :huh:

:rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf Good luck with that Chris!! :tomato

I have a Sturmovik that needs a good excuse to start on.
Also, I think as long as it has an A designation it should be considered, i.e. AH-1,AH-64,A-10,A-6.Gary :eek:ldguy

Back