• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Out Of Box Poll

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Just OOB, no aftermarket what so ever? you could do some scratch building if needed to replace something faulty or missing but no aftermarket what so ever? Kit parts, kit decals, just as the manufacture intended.

h8346a29.jpg

Yes the kit decals. Who would have thought this would be so hard! Use only what the kit comes with. Pretty simple. No swapping parts, decals, or anything else. Your challenge make a winner with what's stock in the box. And yeah I'm in.

Terry B)

Unfortunately, no one seems to have read the first line in my response in the other thread about this.

I will be as clear as I can:

I feel that OOB means what comes in the box when it is offered from the company that made it. No exceptions. Better?

*checks the mike* Is this thing on?

Well I was going to allow some replacement of sucky parts but only if you built it but ok.

Nothing added, only what's in the box.

So who's in?

OK, we've had further discussion on OOB, we'll take the IPMS rules on it, which is.

http://www.ipmsusa2013.com/index.cfm?mode=rules

Go to Sec III. 2.

A. Kits. Any commercially available kit may be used. Any parts provided in the kit may be used, regardless of their material (i.e., brass, resin, plastic, etc.). Generally, only parts that are included with the kit and found in the bag or box may be used. As provided above, exemptions may be allowed but must be approved by the respective Head Judge in advance of the judging.
B. Finish. All finishing techniques are allowed. Decals other than those included with the kit may be used. Insignia, markings, and instrument panels may be hand-painted instead of decaled. Weathering is permitted.
C. Construction. The modeler may fill seams and gaps; sand off rivets; drill out gun ports, exhaust pipes, or other appropriate openings; thin to scale such parts as trailing edges, flaps, and doors; re-scribe panel lines lost in construction; and add rigging and antennas.
D. It is Not Permitted to: vacuum-form, manufacture, or replace any part, or substitute parts from another kit; cut or separate canopies, surfaces, hatches, doors, etc. (no major surgery); combine a standard kit with a conversion kit; add anything other than specified on the instruction sheet except as shown in Section C

IPMS rules, good call.

I finished this earlier this year exactly (not deliberately) as laid-down by those guidelines, and it came-out fine (IMHO). So yes I'm in !!

Ian

I'm in. I hope this ain't gonna be a one-day build though; I have too much going ion to try and take one day to finish one of these. Let's go at least four months, if not six. That's mostly for those who may have trouble fighting the effects of their AMS. ;) :v

This sounds good to me, building O.O.B. is what I do most of the time anyway so that's no challenge its finding one of my kits that has usable decals in it that will be a problem since most of my kits are getting on in years. ;)

Matrixone

I'm in. I will do my best to finish something this time. But how much time? Six months would probably be needed.

OK, we've had further discussion on OOB, we'll take the IPMS rules on it, which is.

http://www.ipmsusa2013.com/index.cfm?mode=rules

Go to Sec III. 2.

A. Kits. Any commercially available kit may be used. Any parts provided in the kit may be used, regardless of their material (i.e., brass, resin, plastic, etc.). Generally, only parts that are included with the kit and found in the bag or box may be used. As provided above, exemptions may be allowed but must be approved by the respective Head Judge in advance of the judging.
B. Finish. All finishing techniques are allowed. Decals other than those included with the kit may be used. Insignia, markings, and instrument panels may be hand-painted instead of decaled. Weathering is permitted.
C. Construction. The modeler may fill seams and gaps; sand off rivets; drill out gun ports, exhaust pipes, or other appropriate openings; thin to scale such parts as trailing edges, flaps, and doors; re-scribe panel lines lost in construction; and add rigging and antennas.
D. It is Not Permitted to: vacuum-form, manufacture, or replace any part, or substitute parts from another kit; cut or separate canopies, surfaces, hatches, doors, etc. (no major surgery); combine a standard kit with a conversion kit; add anything other than specified on the instruction sheet except as shown in Section C

If these are the final rules I'm all for it. Funny thing here ^^^ though is that you can swap decals-thin to scale and drill out gun ports, exhaust ect but can't cut a canopy. I'm in and in 1/72. CR

I guess you missed this announcement Mark.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/campaign-hq/148221-modelers-alliance-campaign-schedule-2014

Back