• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA - Entry - Dragunov - De Tank van de Generaal

Dragunov

Hi All

My second entry in the CTA groupbuild will be a scratchbuild project, I never tried to scratchbuild a whole model, so be nice to me :idonno

The subject will be "De Tank van de Generaal" (The Generals Tank), it's based on a Dutch comic in which a General tries to seize power, but never succeeds. His "Army" consists of the General, ONE sarcastic and not so motivated soldier and a professor who designes and build the secret weapons to seize power. Needless to say without any succes............

Here is a reference picture of the tank;

29DeTankvandeGeneraal01.png

As you all can see this is an early production model, but I will be building a mid production model, so my model will be a bit different from the picture above :D

This is what I've got so far;

29DeTankvandeGeneraal02.jpg

29DeTankvandeGeneraal03.jpg

29DeTankvandeGeneraal04.jpg

29DeTankvandeGeneraal05.jpg

Hope you like it :hmmm

And aspecially for Tony Lee, there is a SPG variant to;

29DeTankvandeGeneraal00.jpg

Happy Holidays!!

Erik

Hi guys :Hiay

A little bit of work done, it's not easy because I want to build this one as historicaly accurate as I can :S

29DeTankvandeGeneraal06.jpg

29DeTankvandeGeneraal07.jpg

29DeTankvandeGeneraal08.jpg

29DeTankvandeGeneraal09.jpg

Next to do are the turret and the tracks, any suggestions on how to make the tracks?? They should look a bit "cartoon" like, if you know what I mean :hmmm

Thanks for looking

Erik

What a neat idea Erik (y)

tracks look like rubberbands with treads off them, wonder if you can find one of those toy bulldozers?

Hi Erik! That is really looking good! I was wondering if you could cut strips of styrene to the width of your tracks, form them around the wheels with heat and glue on the cross ribs made from styrene angle? Keeps the scratch built theme and gives that cartoonish feel? :ro: Love the imagination at work here! (y)

What a way cool project,Erik! (y)
Yeah I remember the de Generaal comics...pretty funny for sure.

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks for the comments and ideas, Bob, the idea of using those rubber band toy tracks is agood idea, they sure give the cartoon like feel, but Mike gave me the following tip;

Hi Erik! That is really looking good! I was wondering if you could cut strips of styrene to the width of your tracks, form them around the wheels with heat and glue on the cross ribs made from styrene angle? Keeps the scratch built theme and gives that cartoonish feel? :ro: Love the imagination at work here! (y)

Thanks Mike (y) Great idea!! I did use it this way;

I cut out the tracks, using a jig I connected them with wire, to make them workable;
29DeTankvandeGeneraal10.jpg

Then I'll place them on the tank and use plastic rod like this;
29DeTankvandeGeneraal11.jpg

The idea is that the plastic rod glued on the tracks also will fixate the tracks ??

Thanks again for the idea Mike!!

Erik

Awesome !!!!! (y) (y)
Love it! such a fun idea to scratchbuild a cartoon tank hahaha and it looks correct to me.... for a mid production variant that is :yipee
:drinks :popcorn
//Mats

Back