• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gator's 1/16 Vietnam Dog Handler

Gator

My kit finally came in today! Here is the necessary photo. Of course I do not want to be included in any of the drawings.

cta2.jpg

Not much bench time lately. Last Saturday Renee and I spent the better part of the day installing the vinyl lettering at our dog trainer/friend's new training facility.

LakeAreaK9_zps258a4aa9.jpg

I've also have been poking around looking for Vietnam K9 handler photos to use as references.

c96b13cfa9ba6bba2e699a27d93a9c32_zpsb1d4306f.jpg

ca34c69ffd9b7dcab6e24ec591ce9b83_zpse31bf8d1.jpg

I need to go to Michael's and see if they have some fine chain, 32 links per inch, to make a slip collar like you see in the photos.

Cool reference photo's Kenny! :coolio

Maybe you can find some fine chain in the Ship department from a Local Hobby Shop.

Greetings,Ron.

Gator's 1/16 Vietnam Dog Handler - Assembly

Update time. Since I haven't had a lot of bench time lately I brought the figure up to work with me today. I got a fair amount of progress done on him. I'll scrub him up and prime him and then give him a good once over to make sure I have all the gaps filled. The head is not attached. I'll do that after painting.

doghandler1_zpscb81735c.jpg

doghandler2_zps42f26cd5.jpg

doghandler5_zps01c5dd89.jpg

doghandler3_zps63fea1d6.jpg

doghandler4_zpsbbe73b55.jpg

I found some good references by Googling Khe Sahn.

reference_zps9c3a7d61.jpg

Thank you guys. Not much bench time over the weekend but I did get some things accomplished on the figure. I found a great website that has some very good photos of the punches and packs carried by a US soldier in Vietnam. From their I was able to recreate the stenciling on on the web gear.

Here is what I needed to reproduce:

Ammo pouch

M56Apouch_zps0bcf2cd5.jpg

Canteen pouch

Cancover_zpsa9624c53.jpg

and gas mask pouch, although I may just leave it off, but it would also make a good carry all for K9 gear.

1stvariation_zpse844b014.jpg

Back