• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkman's AMTech P-40

sharkman

Master at Arms
Submitted my donation so here's my thread. Pics to come in a bit.

This one is getting a Brazilian!!

:woohoo:

Here's the kit pic and time stamp. Sorry, this one didn't come with a box, bought it off Ebay in a group of 3 kits.

I'm going to add some FCM decals, an Ultracast resin seat and maybe some resin exhausts as well (I'll have to take a look at them).

As I said, might not finish this on time but it will be for a good cause!

Thanks folks! Luiz, I'll try and do it justice!

This is a start! I got a rare couple hours alone last night so I started to clean up a few parts and glue the wings and cowls on.

I went ahead and ordered some resin wheels and exhausts from Ultracast too today.

Can't wait to see this one go together. I've got probably about 8 of these AMT and AMtech kits in the stash. Bought most of them from the same guy you did. :popcorn

Thanks for the interest folks! I'm going to try and get as many of these kits on the bench finished up in the next decade!

So, yesterday the new exhausts and wheels arrived from Ultracast and they look much better. Glad I decided to purchase them.

Then last night I started spraying a flat black base on the interior and fuse.

Also started to play around with the tail wheel. It basically looks like crap so I wanted to try and improve it a little. I chopped up one (you can see the whole kit part on the left) and salvaged the wheel itself.

Now I'm just trying to make a support that looks more natural. Obviously this needs some more thought put into it because my new one looks like crap as well but we will get there!

Tonight, I added the inserts for the new exhausts. These just glue in from behind and then you glue the exhausts in later from the outside! very nice!

I sprayed a coat of interior green on the cockpit parts and started to pick out the belts. I love these resin seats with the belts molded in, no need messing around with PE belts! For the IP, I used some extra decals from one of my Hasegawa P-40s. I'll just give it a gloss coat after it dries. More on this next time!

I am also going to try something I haven't before by adding some rivets to the entire plane. Started with the wing tonight and we'll see how it goes. Not bad so far (if you can see from the picture).

That's all for tonight!

Back