• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hummvee - Age 6

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
This is my daughters newest project. Academy Hummvee in 1/35 scale. She cuts the parts out and files them, find where the go then I add the glue.

She is really sharp when comes to models. Here she is working away the other night.

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

Re: Hummvee

That is fantastic! Exactly what I was hoping for, to see kids involved. My son, 7, has his own non-toxic liquid glue to use from Plastruct. No more tube for him.

I will try to take some photos of the T-62 he is working on and start a new thread. Unlike me, he does finish all he starts!

Regards,

Re: Hummvee

:yipee Glad to see the young'un's taking an interest. :yipee Has the dreaded carpet monster struck yet??

I'll be watching this one with great interest. My son is getting his first kit from Santa Clause this year (He really wanted that sharkmouth P40 so I got him one) and I want to see how you handle it. He is also 6

That's a nice build there!
Must be a big advantage with those small fingers! when i try and grab something it's a problem....
(sausege fingers)
Looking forward to next update :)
//Mats

Jeff,

That is sooooo cool Probably she will remember this for the rest of her life. IN 1945, my dad came home from the Pacific, took me to a hobby shop and bought one of those stick and paper jobs, an F4F Wildcat. (No plastic back then!) That was burned into my memory like nothing else and I was only 4. I can remember us sitting at that table like it was yesterday! I thought he was God!

Good for you man! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Bob

I can see her take a ride in a colorfull humvee,when she is a grown up young woman.

At age 17;'Dad,do you remember the Humvee when I was 6 years old?Well,I have seen it in town the other day,would be cool if you buy it for me,for my upcoming birthday!' ;)

Greetings,Ron.

And in 10 years they may be relatively cheep, one thing for sure, you wouldn't have to worry about her being in a wreck!

Back