• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cadet Basic Training has been created

I like the name MP

How about Basic starting tools, Handbrushing for beginners, Difrent model makes and theyr pro's and cons etc as subforums.

Maybe also an subforum for adding youtube movie links. There is some very good links on there for an starter.

And where's your idea you shared with me in PM???

Anything you want to contribute will be more than welcome Dave. you post up a thread and we can turn it into a front page article. Maybe even add it to an E-Book?

I would love to make it into an downloadable ebook MP if the guys will give us the rights to some of theyr pictures and take some step by step pictures. That is my day job anyway.

if any of my pictures or postings can be of any help, you are welcome to use them :)
I will see if there is something i can do for this to, it is a good idea to get kids away from the videogames and into the world of plastic :D
//Mats

Mats if we are doing an ebook step by step pictures of real everyday things you do would be great.

Then I can take em and your text and make an page or 2 of them into an indesign file I can convert into an ebook in the end.

Also small tips would be great to fill pages up with.

I would love to make it into an downloadable ebook MP if the guys will give us the rights to some of theyr pictures and take some step by step pictures. That is my day job anyway.

Why can't you just post some of our work here- i'm no expert by far, but I would be happy to contribute.

Chip the intent of this forum will be to show basic techniques that a lot of us make take for granted. And also a place for young or inexperienced modelers to share their work and pick up on basic techniques.

Bear with us as we get this fired up. We'll be looking for contributers all over the place.

Many of the articles in the Sprue U can be cleaned up and made into e-books. Best of all, they can be updated!

Imagine also, reviews or articles, free to download.

Terry, would your kids post? I know Hubert's (Dewertus) son is too young to post but he is already doing a great job.

Regards,

the cadet basic training camp is established - that was quick!

now we need a 'volunteer' for drill sergeant! (i'm joking!)

Many of the articles in the Sprue U can be cleaned up and made into e-books. Best of all, they can be updated!

Imagine also, reviews or articles, free to download.

Terry, would your kids post? I know Hubert's (Dewertus) son is too young to post but he is already doing a great job.

Regards,

I would probably post for them. Their are not working on anything right now too much homework. Is this basic training going to have some kind of kid filter? I mean will they be blocked from other areas?

B)

I want to make sure that everyone knows they are talking to a kid and not some fifty year old that has not modeled in forty years. Maybe there sould be a separate area for kids that would be supervised by the moderators only.

B)

An admin or moderator must approve the posts, make that known up front. I like it!

Regards,

the cadet basic training camp is established - that was quick!

now we need a 'volunteer' for drill sergeant! (i'm joking!)

Here you go. :laugh: :laugh:

LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE PUKE! I DON'T CARE IF PURPLE IS CUTE! SHERMANS ARE OLIVE DRAB!!!!!!

DO YOU READ ME MARINE!!!

r-lee-ermey-gunnery-sergeant-hartman-exagger-art_2011-11-25.jpg

B) :laugh:

An admin or moderator must approve the posts, make that known up front. I like it!

Regards,

Well lets see if this works. I just enabled the option on this forum that all post has to be approved by a moderator. Of course all our post will show up immediately.

My apologies, we should have hashed this out prior to starting this. I pulled the trigger too quickly.

Why apologize? Let's have someone post in the thread and see if this works. ;)

It is to protect the kids so I can't see why ANYONE would have a problem with it.

Regards,

Would someone help us out and post a message on this thread or in this forum? Anyone who's not a moderator. :mpup

Back