• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Latest Armor

Duke Maddog

In this post, I have two finished models for the collection and two models that I built for my wargame army that do not count toward my finished armor collection.

First off, this is my first model that I finished up for my collection. This is Dragon's 1/72 scale StuG III F that I built during my AMPS club's Four Hour Build Challenge. The rules were:

1) No snap together models
2) the box could be opened but the sprues needed to be still sealed in the bag.
3) Anything goes; just see how far you could get in four hours.

This little StuG was done in that four hour period:

German_StuG_IIIF.jpg

German_StuG_IIIF_I.jpg

In addition to that, I finished up these two Revell of Germany M4-A1 Shermans that I had bought from an estate sale. I completed both of them in the same four hours that I completed the StuG. These will be going to my war game army:

US_Army_M4A1_Shermans_I.jpg

US_Army_M4A1_Shermans_II.jpg

Finally, the second model for my collection is this 1/72 scale UM Models M4-A1 Sherman with the mine roller attached to it. This was a real bear to do and I'm glad this is finally finished:

US_Army_M4_A1_Sherman_Mineroller_I.jpg

US_Army_M4_A1_Sherman_Mineroller_II.jpg

That's all for now from my workbench. Hopefully more will come flying off on the way to the shelf. I need the space!

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks Bob! I used MiG Pigments that the AMPS club had available for the StuG and two Shermans. The mineroller Sherman was weathered by Iwata.

Nice work Mark! (y) (y)

I bought that Stug III kit recently. How did you like the one piece vinyl track and road wheel assembly? I was not impressed when I saw that in the box.

Thanks James!

Thanks Razor! I wasn't all that impressed either, but they do look fairly good, detail wise. They went on okay; I didn't even need to glue them. I did have to press them back on a few times, but they stayed for the most part. They don't take paint all that well though. It took two sprays of paint from the airbrush to get a solid enough color. I didn't worry too much as it was going to be covered in dust anyway.

Thanks again for looking in and commenting.

Duke, its been a long time since I was on the forum. I commend you on the job you did on those 4 hour builds and the wargame stuff. The 4 hour builds are interesting looking, but that Mine Roller looks like a bear. I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year as well

Dave

Dave it is so great to see you back! I appreciate the compliments on the work I did here. Yes, the UM Sherman with mineroller was a real bear to build; I had started this with three other UM Sherman models and this one was the only one I could bring over the finish line. It also took me four months to finish... far longer than anything else that size.

I also managed to finish a few others that you might have missed: A Roden Vauxhall staff car, a Russian Aircraft Carrier, a Star Destroyer from Star Wars, the Mach 5 and Monkeemobile and maybe a few more I have forgotten about. Feel free to check them out too. And above all, stay around! You have been sorely missed!

Nice work Mark ... Too tiny for me ... Heck I've moved up to 1:48 in my model RR ... Nope I don't do tiny ... But you do it well My Friend .... :salute

Thanks Gerry! I love tiny! It fits so well on display and in tubs. Besides, I love consistency....

Thanks again for the compliments!

Back