• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

UM BT-7 1935 model

nsmekanik

So Here it is after it's second paint job using a color that was once agian detirmined to be incorrect according to much conflicting internet aquired research information
899.gif

IMG_9962 by nsmekanik, on Flickr

The subsequent coat of paint created that was......eerrr.....not all that pleasing to observe. So after unintentionaly removing some paint from another project I decided to concentrate on this :mpup for a bit.

IMG_0920 by nsmekanik, on Flickr

IMG_0921 by nsmekanik, on Flickr

IMG_0923 by nsmekanik, on Flickr

IMG_0927 by nsmekanik, on Flickr

IMG_0928 by nsmekanik, on Flickr

IMG_0931 by nsmekanik, on Flickr

IMG_0932 by nsmekanik, on Flickr

IMG_0924 by nsmekanik, on Flickr

IMG_0925 by nsmekanik, on Flickr

Have since come to the conclusion that Valejo Model Color 893 is most likely close to what 3B might have looked like, or not, but that's what I'm going with :dance

IMG_0934 by nsmekanik, on Flickr

IMG_0935 by nsmekanik, on Flickr

:D :drinks

What did you use for paint removal, looks very effective. :popcorn

I have a can of Pollyscale Easy Lift Off paint and decal remover, which makes a bigger mess then rubbing alcohol when stripping acrylics, but is very effective when it comes to removing old enamel as you can see. I just used alcohol and a flat brush on the MB32 tracks. Just don't use the Easy Lift Off on Revell plastic for any length of time as the plastic gets brittle and will literally crumble.

Back