Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: M32B1 by UM

M32B1 by UM 10 Nov 2017 21:14 #13

That's interesting Mark, I've only built 3 UM kits, The SU 76 fell together, the BT-7 had a few niggles but wasn't bad, the Gaz was a bit more work then the BT-7. So far the issues with the Sherman are the transmission cover need to be thinned on the inside alot where it joins the front of the lower hull, and I also got cuaght off guard in that one hull side sits higher then the other...and while the track links are a little wonky where they go around the sprockets all and all they don't fit to badly. I've not yet built any of their German offerings.

What other 3 do you have? As I see a few others I was thinking about, and what were the issues if you don't mind my asking?
  • nsmekanik
  • nsmekanik
  • Regiment Commander
    Regiment Commander
If the facts don't fit the theory, use Google
The administrator has disabled public write access.

M32B1 by UM 11 Nov 2017 02:27 #14

The only UM kit I have is a russian Su 122 which I built like 10 years ago. Don't recall any issues with it. The kits I am interested in getting are the American M10 and M36 as well as the M7 variants etc. Have you built any of those Mark?

(sorry Tim, don't mean to hijack your thread :pp )
  • razordws
  • razordws
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander
DAVE

Last Edit: 11 Nov 2017 02:28 by razordws.

M32B1 by UM 13 Nov 2017 12:13 #15

nsmekanik wrote:
That's interesting Mark, I've only built 3 UM kits, The SU 76 fell together, the BT-7 had a few niggles but wasn't bad, the Gaz was a bit more work then the BT-7. So far the issues with the Sherman are the transmission cover need to be thinned on the inside alot where it joins the front of the lower hull, and I also got cuaght off guard in that one hull side sits higher then the other...and while the track links are a little wonky where they go around the sprockets all and all they don't fit to badly. I've not yet built any of their German offerings.

What other 3 do you have? As I see a few others I was thinking about, and what were the issues if you don't mind my asking?

I had no real issues with my Su-76 either; and my SAu-122 fell together... once I found the missing sprue of wheels. my UM BT-5 fell together too. On the three Shermans, I had one with the wrong panels that were supposed to go underneath the upper hull bulges that overhang the tracks. One of the others had the wrong tranny cover that was either misshapen or incorrectly molded so that no matter what; it didn't fit no matter what I tried. The third one had turret parts that were so messed up they wouldn't go together to save your life. The one I'm doing now with the mine rollers is the first one that I was able to get close to done.
razordws wrote:
The only UM kit I have is a russian Su 122 which I built like 10 years ago. Don't recall any issues with it. The kits I am interested in getting are the American M10 and M36 as well as the M7 variants etc. Have you built any of those Mark?

I also had no problems with my Su-122 once I found the missing wheel sprue, as I mentioned above. I have the M-10 and the British tank destroyer based on the Sherman chassis too, as well as the M-36B(?) engineer vehicle and the other engineer vehicle wiith the gun turret on it. My apologies for forgetting the names of these. I haven't started any of these yet, but I do hope to get to them soon.

razordws wrote:

I apologize as well. Now back to your regularly scheduled program....

M32B1 by UM 13 Nov 2017 15:52 #16

Duke Maddog wrote:
razordws wrote:

I apologize as well. Now back to your regularly scheduled program....

but personaly I don't mind a bit
  • nsmekanik
  • nsmekanik
  • Regiment Commander
    Regiment Commander
If the facts don't fit the theory, use Google
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.450 seconds