• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The M972 Flatbed w/ Excavator

tiking

This is a build I have been working on for some time now. It's a heavy modification of the M915 kit from Trumpeter. As always, I decided to spice things up a bit. I wanted to do something different. So, I kit-bashed the trailer and tractor to bring forth this combo unit. But it could have been plausible. The name came about by using the first number of the M915 and the 2 last digits of the M872 trailer. Hence, M972, which is a combination of both.
The Hitachi excavator is from Hasegawa which I built as a burnt out model. The idea came from the pic I found while searching the web. Lots of pics. Hope you like the results.

Another fantastic piece!

have to ask though, what are the vent like things on the doors of the cab??

(y)

Another fantastic piece!

(y)

Hi Warren. They are Combat Identification Panel (CIP), also known as a Coalition Identification Panel. They are device mounted on military ground vehicles to distinguish them from the enemy during battle.

Another fantastic piece!

(y)

Hi Warren. They are Combat Identification Panel (CIP), also known as a Coalition Identification Panel. They are device mounted on military ground vehicles to distinguish them from the enemy during battle.

Great...now everyone will have them to keep from getting shot at. :facepalm :D

:tomato

Another excellent build Charles. (y) :notworthy :notworthy

Back