• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M18 Hellcat

ij001

Just finished, Academy M18 Hellcat... Bought as soon as it came out in 1997, started almost as soon as I got it home, finished this morning !!

hb923da5.jpg

h3eb3914.jpg

hc53701f.jpg

h5ac5567.jpg

hd589539.jpg

h963c928.jpg

he0b2600.jpg

h7fc6806_2017-08-21.jpg

Used about 30% of the Verlinden kit-specific detail set including some 'old skool' etched brass (yes BRASS), resin stowage etc, other stowage from various Tamiya and Academy sets, .50cal is from the old Tamiya US Weapons set. Most of the decals are from the spares box.

Really enjoying my AFV modelling at the moment, so much so that I'm even going to try something that isn't Olive Drab in the very near future !! - As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment please feel free to make any comments, criticisms or ask any questions.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

I just started assembling aftermarket for my M18. I've got an idea for a dio that I want to use it in.

Looks great Ian, I hope mine turns out as nicely!

Mike

Mike, I've seen your builds and pretty d*mn certain yours will be a whole lot better than mine, friend :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

...but I really do appreciate the comment, thank you. This was going to be in a diorama setting but I'd already done a Jeep in the markings of the 814th Tank Destroyer Battalion, who were never issued M18's, they were on M10's and M36's.

h6128523.jpg

h3e91693.jpg

So the Hellcat will be a stand-alone model. Looking outside my 'Olive Drab comfort zone' for my next couple of AFV builds. Keep checking-in folks...

Ian.

Back