• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Egyptian SA-2

jknaus

Administrator
Not much to look at but I hope it gets better after a dullcoat and some more weathering. Managed to build it pver the weekend and finished painting tonight. Of course if it doesnt work out I guess can always put it in the circilar file.

h4d0cbaf_2017-08-03.JPG

hdfd5c1f.JPG

h8f64aaf.JPG

h290ef6b.JPG

ha5609d4.JPG

I threw the sprues away. Drat now I got to dumpster dive to find the tracks :bang head :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf

Thanks Tony.
James

Nice work James,

I like the camo pattern on the rocket. :good:

It's also like the rocket platform that would sit well in the corner of a diorama.

Michael

Thanks everyone.
I wanted something other than the light grey that the missile is usually painted in. At first I was going to do an Iraqi scheme where the body is bluish grey/light grey bands and then I saw the Egyptian scheme. They had a few different cam jobs until they used up all their stock of missiles against Israel and started firing the replacement missiles in the standard grey scheme. I just hope it looks better after a dull coat.

Hey James, had time to do anything on this? I recall Vietnam pilots saying they looked like Telephone Poles flying by...not the kind of pole I would care to see!

Hey James, this model is looking good! What scale is it? I might need to make one of these for the Air Defense Artillery Museum at Fort Sill.

Cheers,
James

Sorry for the late answer. This is the 1/35 Trumpeter kit. They also made opne being transported and have just released a more modern transporter. Wish they would do a Cuban one on the T-55 chassis, but if ever I can get enough info I may scratch one up.
I have done some weathering so will try and get some pics up for everyone.
James

Sorry for the late answer. This is the 1/35 Trumpeter kit. They also made opne being transported and have just released a more modern transporter. Wish they would do a Cuban one on the T-55 chassis, but if ever I can get enough info I may scratch one up.
I have done some weathering so will try and get some pics up for everyone.
James

A guy in my AMPS club just finished the Cuban one on the T-55 chassis. There is a lot of additions for the rear of that tank and some extensive modifications. Still, it is an amazing piece of equipment if you can make it. I'm sure you'll find something to use for reference. I'd love to see you do one.

Back