• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'Old Skool' Tamiya

ij001

Bought just ten days ago at the Taupo Hobby Expo...

hdab93ad.jpg

hf746a22.jpg

h9550112.jpg

h9ed25ac.jpg

Mixed my own green, khaki and yellow, the dark red/brown is Tamiya 'Hull Red' straight from the bottle.
Lots to do yet, just the basic pattern on at the moment. Touch ups, gloss, decals and filters etc, etc to follow.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

Post-shading and decals done.

h8c89e47.jpg

hf1e8a37.jpg

h6dc4ff7.jpg

As I'm at a 'natural break' with this wee thing, I'm going to put-it-to-one-side for a week or two and deal with some real-world stuff and hopefully finish the Alpha Jet & M18 as they are both quite close to the finish line just now.

Ian.

Not that much of an armor buff , but I have to admit that I enjoy Japanese tanks :D

No idea why :idonno They are just ugly and the paint jobs gaudy at best.

Looking very cool Ian (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice Ian!

Saw a real one of these when I was visiting Japan a few years ago. They are pretty small compared to some of the allies tanks.

(must finish up my Type 1..... :hmmm )

:popcorn

Very nice Ian!

Saw a real one of these when I was visiting Japan a few years ago. They are pretty small compared to some of the allies tanks.

(must finish up my Type 1..... :hmmm )

:popcorn

There some type in Honolulu also .In front of the museum and you can Google it.

Makes me think of Micro cars...

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks, matey.

It's a good re-start point for whenever it goes back to the bench. The decals I've used (according to the Tamiya instructions) are for a vehicle that was home-based for the defense of the mainland... so, won't need too much in the way of weathering or wear'n tear.

Ian.

Ah...a favorite kit! I have one I did in Floquil/Pollyscale paint and I have another, waiting for the "I can do it better now" campaign to get underway (2018 there Moon-pup???)

Back