• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Balkans T-62

jugjunkie

This is the very old Tamiya kit of the T-62A

Did a lot of fixing up as follows but before I get into the build, this is what I was aiming for

A) Added DefModel gunboot and corrected front section of turret using JP Model resin turret as a master

B) Added 2mm to the height of the turret

C) Added some main headlight wiring

D) Thinned out the front fenders and gave them some character

E) Thinned out the rear rubber mud guards and added some detail

F) Removed 2mm off the back plate the tank, as well as 3mm off the back hull section. The tank should sit slightly nose down.

G) Gave everything my own mixture enamel primer.

H) Gave the turret some mold texture and primered

I) Added the external fuel cells and scratched some plumbing and gloss coated. Then I sprayed on water based low hold, hair spray. I also added some spring loaded front fender arms, drilled out the comander's vision slot and added the search light gun following fixture.

J) Next I put on all the colour and did my scratching and chipping

K) Next some artists oils rust and decals

L) Painted up and weathered the wheels and did a bit of damage to the rubber

and as of now I have attached the wheels and did some more artists oils weathering, streaking and some various washes, matted everything down and that's where it's at.

Wow that is some incredible work! Really, you have that tank looking great - I should be so skilled! :notworthy

Hey little side note about the guy holding the AK in the pic:

I have owned the US imported Semi-auto only version of that gun in the 7.62 combloc caliber (with fixed stock) and that brake on there is also intended for launching grenades, it pushes A LOT of muzzle pressure back and to either side of the shooter to reduce felt recoil, and does so very well, but that guy squatting there with this fingers in his ears had a REALLY good reason to do so, trust me!

Interesting how the tank camo closely matches the troops jackets :hmmm - The model looks so good, really like the finish matey.

Ian.

Inteewsting! I did not notice that but I am sure you are correct Sir!

The angles on the roof are the tell-tale sign. It is also missing the ventilator and spent shell ejection hatch (oval with question mark).

h100d69b.jpg

Regards,

T-62 getting there. Finding the resin individual track links a bit of a headache, these still need some tweaking.

jugjunkie; Great job of constructing and painting it looks mean.

quote:
iambrb Just seems odd is all. Normally the entire tank would turn to face the threat

Maybe they are protecting the fuel tank on the back, from the other guys :rotf

Back