• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ants build

Nothing new to show at the moment, sure could do with a 36 hour day! This is where I left it on the old site. I hope to get some more photos (and modelling ) done soon.
groupbuild-halftrack013-1.jpg

Ant

Nope, I still can't see Photobucket when I'm at work but I bet this looks nice.

a little tip. I think that you used the insert image tool when posting and then pasted the code from Photobucket into that dialog box. The code you copied from photobucket is BBCode and can be pasted directly into the post without the tool. the result you had was
Code:
[img]html:\\[IMG]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt105/TREEMENDUS/groupbuild-halftrack013-1.jpg[/IMG][/img]

When you paste directly into the post the result should look something like this.
Code:
[IMG]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt105/TREEMENDUS/groupbuild-halftrack013-1.jpg[/IMG]

I know this may be nickpicking but just trying to help. New site, new stuff. ;)

Thanks Bob. To be honest with you it is a photo of instructions 1-2 so your not missing much mate. I'll do it the other way next time I post photos.

Cheers

Ant

I managed to get a few hours with the glue last night so here are a couple of new photos. I hope to spend some time on it today too 'cos I feel a bit of catch up is in order! one thing I do find hard to justify is the amount of time spent on this up to now considering 90% will never be seen once the thing is finished. I just want to get on with the painting, weathering and base to be honest with you.

halftrackSBS008.jpg

halftrackSBS011.jpg

Thanks for looking

Ant

P.S I know where the steering column goes? but can't figure out the angle so have decided to glue it place when it becomes a bit more apparent.

Good question. I have been told that lots of these were seen without the bonnet in place so yes I might show the engine. I am still undecided about the base though and depending on which way I go, might affect what I decide to do.

Ant

Yeah good call re the bonnet/heat. The problem is I don't know for sure if these were ever even in North Africa? so I might go for a possibly Italian kind of farmyard scene with it in hiding underneath a corrugated iron barn?

Anyway this is what I have managed to do this afternoon.

halftrackSBS020-1.jpg

halftrackSBS022.jpg

Cheers

Ant

Looking superb Ant , I am halfway through my Treemendus tree for my Corner group build too :) , it is very impressive ;) .

Jenny :kiss:

mike walsh wrote:
Thats good build there Ant.

Nice and clean .I'm surprised there is so much detail.
Very nice

Michael :)

Me too, I'm loving that engine and driveline. More More I say!

jenny croft wrote:
Looking superb Ant , I am halfway through my Treemendus tree for my Corner group build too :) , it is very impressive ;) .

Jenny :kiss:

Cheers Jenny. How high is the tree going to be. will you get a couple from the kit or are you going for a biggy?

Ant

moon puppy wrote:
Really Nice Ant, that thing is big!

Hey Bob I hadn't realised just how massive these things are. I think they weighed in at 8 tonnes !! I have almost finished the bulk of the build now and need to get on with the gun next :woohoo:

Ant

Thanks Mike and AgentG.

There is loads of detail in this kit but sadly most of it gets covered up as the build progresses. That said I guess once the guns are in place that will add to the detail no end. Can't wait to start them!

Ant

Hi Ant.

It is indeed a big old beast. Huge infact. It is amazing to put the frame next to a King Tiger to see how it compares in size, and it's just like WOW. I have one of these that I bought almost a year ago now that I was going to build right away.Well that hasn't worked out quite like I thought.
But yours is looking great. And there is nothing wrong with detail that no one will see after it is built. YOU will know it's there (thats what I keep telling myself.) ;) . And it will definitly give us all some detail to see when you start on that quad gun.

TREEMENDUS wrote:
Yeah good call re the bonnet/heat. The problem is I don't know for sure if these were ever even in North Africa? so I might go for a possibly Italian kind of farmyard scene with it in hiding underneath a corrugated iron barn?

Cheers

Ant
I don't remember if it was your thread or not. But this was gone over on the old T&T site. These vehicles never made it to North Africa. But Noel gave the OK (y) to go for an Italian build with these, so there is no problem at all with this being in an Italian barn :)

Gary B)

Thanks Gary.

OK then Italian (European anyway) scene it is. I have an image in my mind already for that. North Africa can wait 'till another time.

Cheers

Ant

Back