• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Don Cossak 1918-1920 Completed !!

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Morning all embarking on my new project,
Warriors 54mm Don Cossak figure

( please not that I edited this start page post after Saul posted )

IMG_3905.JPG

Mike,...
Do me a favour please mate I am looking for reference material on Don Cossaks 1918-1920 if you find anything post it on this thread
Cheers !

Yes that is the very chap, Saul, he is a warriors 54mm he looked very intersting so I snapped him up for a tenner (y)

Thank you for those links mate :D

Saul Re the book,...can you see what he is holding in his right hand I cant really tell from the pictures

he is a warriors 54mm he looked very intersting so I snapped him up for a tenner

Hi again, the figure in the link is a 1/30th scale Del Prado metal figure:
DEL-MW48(L).jpg

As to what is in the figures right hand, well it doesn't look like a nagaika (whip)! :D I think it may be, look at this link for images of Kuban Cossacks:
Kuban Cossacks

Here are more images to help:
redarmybvg6.jpg

Look at number three for one from the Red Army...

redarmy3to0.jpg

Red Army again...

whited.jpg

These are from the White Army...

Just for the color of it:
redf1.jpg

Red Army once more.

Regards,

OK, you meant the right hand of the illustration and not the figurine.
:pinch:

Here is a scan of the book cover. It is indeed the nagaika (horse whip).

WhiteCossack.jpg

Regards,

Click on image to go to a French web site about whips...

Regards and have fun at that site... they may have marital aids too!
:pp

OK heres a very quick update,....

The Coassak is pretty much done apart from his sword which shall involve a bit of work

I replaced the fence cos old heavy fingers snapped the resin one supplied with the kit right up :(

I made my own whip ( model one before your minds start running away ) :laugh: This still has to be glued flush against the fence

Groundwork next to fill out the base ( a great tip from the recent show I attended ) (y)

Enjoy,...

IMG_3923.JPG

IMG_3924.JPG

Wow Andy,

I really like this one! (y)

Is that Ducttape,..or how is it called,around that whip?Will paint hold on that?or is it some kinda foil?

By the way,I don't think your stooopid!
[the reason for editing,...before someone is thinking I'm on meds,.....ok..yes I am,anyway] :woohoo: :laugh:

Greetings,Ron.

Hey Ron and Pups

Yes its lead foil and will be primed so no worries about the paint

Ron youre the first to spot my edit comments LOLOL

Done?...Aren't you going to paint him? :lol:

Neat little fig Andy, can't wait to see more progress!

Tom

Groundwork update

Aves expoxy putty smoothed out with Alcohol ( hic ) and then an old toofbrush was use to add texture
`Fred Rex` small grass tufts were then placed here and there and gaps were then filled with Uncle Francois V static grass small root was added to simulate a small log
for the edging I snipped a tuft in half so I had a straight edge to work with and worked around the base until completion
Enjoy !

IMG_3934_1.JPG

IMG_3935.JPG

IMG_3936.JPG

IMG_3937.JPG

IMG_3938.JPG

Nice work!

By the way, I usually do read the edit reasons since I post some myself.

Regards,

LOL Saul !!

Thank you very much Saul and Laura,.... I know I say it was quite easy to do but it actually was a nice quick and easy set up :)

Back