• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Resting Soviet Soldier 43-45

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Hi all, here`s the bloke I am going to do for this worthy cause

Evolutions Resting soldier

He is a resin piece and superbly sculpted,..anyway heres the opening shots

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

It's almost if he's having patato-chips,you just have to add a bag of it. :D

Looking forward to the next steps,Andy! :popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

ANDY ,

Cool figure !! Also ... Where's th bottle of Vodka ? \m/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQX1pTe7YGU&feature=related​

:erik

Sadly I didnt even remotely finish this figure for this great campaign but ill post up a picture to show some great detail and sculpting from Evolution

Ill get this build shifted over to the FFF in due course.

IMAG0004.jpg

Hello all,... continuing progress on this fine chap,...

heres what we have so far,...

Arms have now been supaglued and Squadron green puttied ( due some bad fitting of the arms )I thinned this out with Tamiya extra thin glue so less clean up and sanding required.

Sculpt is quite amazing with the bloke obviously rolling a cigarette

IMAG0023.jpg

Sadly there was some flaws with the casting on the back of the bloke`s coat and although it will be partly hidden you will be able to see it from the front so I have some decisions to make regarding that,..whether to cut it off and re-sculpt completely or to fill in the holes best I can,......

The 2nd decision is with the base itself,...I love the Russian backpack but less impressed with the tree stump which he sits on and the base is a tad small,..so again I may have to either sculpt my own pack and do a complete new base or cut the pack from the base and work round that

Here`s the pic see what you think,....

IMAG0024.jpg

Thanks for looking in ,.. :D

Update update

The Nosin Rifle sadly was the poorest part of the kit in regards to casting and bits fell off just by simple handling, and had to be reworked,...

So, The rifle muzzle was chopped off and a Dragon K98 one was added same for the trigger guard

Rifle sling was made from little bits of spare PE and tiny electrical tape ( Verlinden recommended during the 1980s )
Thank the model god for google search and images you can just about get anything you want from that and a couple of photos was enough to get the sling close enough to be passable

Pics !

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

:D

Back