• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix Hawker Typhoon IB

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Yes thats right,..I haven't posted in the wrong forum I am actually doing a plane :sick: :rotf

Its the new Airfix Typhoon in 1/72

IMAG0226.jpg

Now before you all start laughing,..I am going to need some help and advice during this build seeing as I think I did a plane last in 1976. :gogo

First off old dunce boy here didnt wash his sprues and jumped in and his a coat of paint around the inside of the cockpit as dunce boy isnt very patient when it comes to the open box and lets go regime :huh:

IMAG0227.jpg

and within here lies my first question

What colour should the inside of the fuselage be ? :idonno

I gave it a base coat of panzer grey as in that scale it would look black anyway,...Ive seen a few pics around the net and I see some light green but wanted your thoughts before I progressed further.

Another thing I am going to brush paint the whole lot as I dont trust myself with an airbrush at this scale
Madness !!!!!

Look here Andy. http://www.valiant-wings.co.uk/typhoon.html

and here . http://www.master194...phoon/index.htm

Cheers, Christian B)

Slight progress made so far with the panel and pilot seat

The decal was chopped into 4 parts and added separately and the seat leather of course painted in acrylics, didnt go to far overboard as at 1/72 you wont see much.

IMAG0230.jpg

Having fun with this though makes a nice change from Figures and Armour

cool stuff. Really like the seat. You should do a sbs on painting leather in acrylics Andy.
James

Andy , for me leather work in general would be good knowledge but as you may know, I'm an aircraft builder.

Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer.

Cheers, Christian B)

Slow progress and I dare say a bit of a pain in the arse !! having fought with the wings and filled numerous gaps,..must have been me not alinging stuff properly heres where I am at the moment.

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

Thank you for the positives although I put this down to inexperience within all things flyable its still a pain :facepalm

Easy fix Andy, just shim some thing stock in that gap, trim, putty, sand, repeat...:popcorn

You're doing good Mate but if you end up with a nasty gap, just don't take any pictures from that angle, works for me :mpup

LOL Cheers mate,....

Ive already used a shim if you look at that air intake bulge under the fuselage that a bit of shim in there

Looks like according to instructions the build stage is nearly over so I am now thinking about the paint stage

Airfix have stated which humbrol colours to use

30 Dark Green ( which I actually have but dont really want to use enamels )
106 Ocean Grey
165 Medium sea grey

Does anyone offhand have better colours for the use of in other makes ie Tamiya or Vallejo

Back