• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panther G

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Current WIP with this project basically built out of the box with the addition of Tamiya primer for cast texture to be sanded and toned down and Mig Acrylic gel for some mud effects ( Ive coloured it so I could see where Ive been lol) PE was glued on using thinned squadron green putty.

Hope you enjoy the following pictures and of course comments and critisims most welcome

Andy

img_2249_1_20091213_1427098261.jpg

img_2239_2_20091213_2053975711.jpg

img_2250_3_20091213_1662350415.jpg

img_2241_5_20091213_1193955205.jpg

img_2243_1_20091213_1938209779.jpg

More pictures to follow

Mighty fine looking Panther , but I thought as our covert agent that the Ersatz would be much better for your infiltration tactics ;)

Jenny :kiss:

I see what you're doing, the texture of the mud is in place and when you paint the base coat and following coats you'll bring that back out as mud. interesting.

Hi all and thank you for your replies

In answer to your questions
The putty was laid down in a nice thin layer with a blade then I used thin Tamiya glue to spread it out a bit more placed the etch on top and then added more glue, this way its really easy to adjust the etch if you havnt got it right then when in the right place you then add more glue for example on the grills to get rid of access putty and just really smarten it up. The etch is in pace and dont go anywhere after the glueyputty dries
I cant remember who I got this tip from but I know I read it somewhere maybe it was a Steve Zaloga tip ?????????

The mud
Yes the acrylic paste is mixed with pigment just to see where Ive been and it dries nice and hard
When you do all the painting etc etc youll still see the raised rigdes of the paste and then you can drybrush with a suitable earth colour this will then give the impression of caked dried on mud,...of course a darker colour will give you freshly splattered muddy effect
It works really well on the wheels too.

Of course using this putty also has an advantage of if youre using it with a piece that rquired a weld seem then dont thicken too much and let it squidge out of the side and you have a seem all ready just to tidy up

A bit more titivation is required to the Panther before the fun stuff of painting

Cheers and thanks for looking

Andy

Quick little update to the Panther,...........

My camera is not really suited for macro shots and the colour comes out quite badly but just to say it is not as green nor yellow in real life as the photos state,.. lol ( thats my excuse and Im sticking to it !!)

Anyway, thank you for looking
Andy

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

let me tell you how far Ive come with this so far, paintwise >>>>

Spray painted in Tamiya Acrylics
Washed with Oils
Pin washed with oils
Drybrushed with oils making up lighter tones to match the Tamiya tri-colours
Paint Scratches/Flakes made via Vallejo/Andrea Acrylics

As I say loads more to do yet including glueing back on the bits Ive knocked off :angry:

Really nice work Andy. I like the balance you have with the chipping. Not overdone.

But one problem. Not enough Pictures! seriously I'd like to see how the mud texturing turned out.

Ah yes I havnt got that far yet but will definately takes some piccys when Im happy with the muddings effecdts.

Ill try and play around with the camera over the weekend and see if I can get the colours a little better

Cheers, Pups

Andy

You´ve got it!! Nice tri-color camo!!

Just a little shinny, do not you think so? Marabu Matt varnish, highly diluted, is perfect for this task

Hi Randy and Jose,

Oh yes very shiney and Ive got a long way to go yet before I can call it finished

I shall check out that Marabu Varnish youve mentioned

Thank you all for your replies

All the best

Andy

Hey Andy! Your Panther looks great! I like the details you added and the camo looks spot on. Please keep us posted as you finish!

Hey Mike and thank you,

Heres a quick update, after sucessfully misting some light buff over the tank to give the impression of an accumulation of dust
Doughnut boy here then remembers he hasnt done what he wanted to to the tracks and wheels ie paint them properly
So heres some shots of the tracks and wheels and a start, especially for moon-puppy, of the pre made mud effects.

Hope you enjoy !

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

Thank you for looking

Andy

Andy that is one nice looking kitty the effects look great! :woohoo: